Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nest in a Tree card

This card was inspired by Jeannie Phillips on the Cricut messageboards about a year ago.  This is the second card I've made for my "tweetheart."


Supplies:
  • Always Artichoke cardstock
  • Chocolate Chip cardstock
  • Bashful Blue cardstock
  • Cherry Cobbler cardstock
  • light blue DCWV cardstock
  • 5 x 7 card base
  • Always Artichoke classic stamp pad
  • Dimensionals
  • Mini Glue Dots
I cut the tree out of the chocolate chip cardstock (I believe at 5.5" high) and cut two of the shift feature for the tree at the same size out of always atrichoke (one of the trees, I cut a hole in the center using a circle from George).  I adhered one of the trees to the base and then used dimensionals to adhere the second one.  I inked around the edges of the tree with the always artichoke ink.  I added the leaves around the tree with mini glue dots.  I cut the birds out of bashful blue.  I just colored the hat with a black pen.  I cut the two hearts out of cherry cobbler and the nest out of crumb cake.  I adhered the birds inside the circle with a dimensional.

Very simple card, but I love how it turned out.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment