Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thanks for Ministering sunset shadowbox card

I was asked to make some thank you cards for some women who will be ministering in May to our ladies fellowship group.  I was asked to try to make them Wyoming-esque.  So this is one of the ideas I had.  It is a combination of two different techniques that I have seen.  The first is called a shadowbox card and I have posted instrcutions on how to make this type of card.  Click on the shadowbox label in the list and it will give you the post with the instructions.  The second technique is to create a sunset effect.


Supplies:
  • Chocolate chip cardstock (for base)
  • 4 x 6 glossy photo paper
  • Black cardstock
  • White circle of cardstock
  • So Saffron classic ink
  • Pumpkin stayz-on ink
  • Cherry cobbler classic ink
  • Chocolate chip classic ink
  • Raffia
  • Modern label punch
  • Computer generated sentiment
  • Dimensional
I prepared the base of the card (directions are in another post with the label shadowbox) and set these pieces aside.

To do the sunset effect, I sponged so saffron ink over the entire area of the glossy photo paper.  I then took the circle punchout and taped it to the glossy photo paper to mask off this area.  Using a brayer, I covered the entire surface with the pumpkin stayz-on ink.  Next I heavily sponged the sides with the cherry cobbler, making sure to get the ink also on the top of the card.  Finally, I lightly sponged just the sides of the photo paper with the chocolate chip ink.  I let this dry for a few minutes and removed the masking.  I adhered the mountains to this and trimmed the sides.  I then adhered this to the base of the card and put the base together.  I added just a little bit of raffia to the sides and added the computer generated sentiment with a dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment