Monday, January 17, 2011

Fall in Chocolate card

This is a super cute card that I made for a friend who is also single.  I got the idea for this card from Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts.  If you have never gone to this blog, you really should.  Dawn has some incredible ideas and I just love her videos!



Supplies:
  • Pre-cut white card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
  • Brown cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 & 1/8 x 5 1/4 strip
  • Cherry Cobbler SU cardsotck 1/4 x 5 1/4 strip & heart
  • Computer generated sentiment (Font:  Worstveld Sling)
  • Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots embossing folder)
  • Uchida Scalloped Heart Punches (Super Jumbo & Mega & Giga)
  • Dimensionals
This is a fairly straight forward card.  Using the Giga Scalloped Heart punch, I punched the corner of the brown cardstock first and used it as a guide to punch the corner of the card base.  I then ran the brown piece through my Cuttlebug.  I adhered this to the cardbase.  I then cut the two strips and adhered them to the brown layer.  (I didn't have any ribbon that would match, so I used cardstock instead.)  I printed the sentiment out and trimmed it and adhered it to the brown layer as well.  Then I punched a red heart using the Mega Scalloped Heart punch and a brown heart from the Super Jumbo Scalloped Heart Punch. I layered these and then adhered them using dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment