Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Hidden Message Side Step

I'm so excited about this card. For February, I am leading the Ladies' Joy Fellowship meeting where we will be making Valentine's Day cards.So this is what I decided on.  Since side step cards typically do not have a lot of room to write, I added a little extra where each person can write something.



Supplies:
  • 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 white cardstock
  • Tag - 2 1/2 x 7 1/2 white cardstock
  • 3 3/8 x 4 Cherry Cobbler SU cardstock (plus scrap for hearts)
  • 6" white ribbon
  • Cherry Cobble SU Classic Stamp Pad
  • Fine Glitter
  • Sponge
  • Computer generated sentiment (font - Penhurst)
  • 4 Dimensionals
  • Self-adhesive peals
  • Cuttlebug folders (Love is in the Air, DeVine Swirls & Swiss Dots)
  • Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz
Measuring in 3 1/2 inches at 1" put your cutting blade into the paper and cut down to 6 3/8".  Next score at 4 1/4" all the way across.  Score just the wider section at 1", 2", 3 1/8", and 6 3/8".  I embossed 3 hearts and the 3 3/8 x 4 cardstock using different embossing folders. 



I put 4 dimensionals on the back of the 3 3/8 x 4 piece.  Using a Zig 2 Way Glue pen, spread glue on the top heart and add glitter.  Adhered it to the last "step" on the card base.  The tag then is slid in behind this piece.

Ink the edges of the tag and the sentiments.  I also inked the white ribbon.  I added tape to the back of the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment.  Then snipped an inch of ribbon off and tied a loose knot into the middle of the longer piece of ribbon and slid the inch piece into the center and pulled it tight.  This was attached to the top of the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment.  I adhered both sentiments to the card, as well as the hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment