Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gift of Cards (Part 2)

This card is the first in the series of holiday cards I am making for my friend Jonathan to send to his daughter.  This card is intended for Christmas 2010. 

Supplies:
  • Blue cardstock cut at 12 x 5
  • White cardstock (scraps)
  • Green cardstock (scrap)
  • Pink cardstock (scrap)
  • Marshmallows & packet of instant hot chocolate
  • Small plastic baggie
  • Velcro dots



The base of the card is scored at 1 1/4, 6 1/2 and 7.  At the top of the 1 1/4" section, I put a velcro dot to hold it closed.  I put the velcro dots together to get the other dot perfectly aligned on the other flap.   Using my paper tirmmer, I cut the rectangle out of the base to show the "snowman poop"  The poem is computer generated and printed on white cardstock. 

The snowmen were cut from Doodlecharms using the border feature.  I hand drew the faces and the dots.  The carrot noses were cut with the shift of the border feature.  To save paper, I cut them on white cardstock and just colored them with an orange marker.  The hats were cut from Paper Dolls Dress Up and Paper Dolls for Everyday. I used a white opaque pen to color the balls white.

In case you can't read the poem, here it is (Author Unknown):

I've heard you've been naughty
So listen, here's the scoop...
I'm running short on coal this year
So here's some snowman poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment