Monday, November 22, 2010

Matthew 10:29-31 Wall Hanging

This is a cute little wall hanging I made for a dear friend as a Christmas gift.

Supplies:
  • 2 sheets 12 x 12 black cardstock
  • 11 x 11 white cardstock
  • 3 x 12 pink cardstock
  • 6 mini brads
  • 2 feet pink ribbon
  • Popdots



This is pretty straight forward.  I adhered the white cardstock to the black.  I cut branch at 8.74 x 5.72 from Home Decor and cut the bird twice at 3.16 x 2.04.  I cut 12 flowers from Home Decor and hid the center.  The top flower layer I scored the flowers into 5 petals and then using my paper piercing tool, I gently curled each petal around the piercing tool.  I poked a small hole into the center of each and then put a mini brad into the center.  I put a popdot on the back of each and adhered them to the branch.

A nice ribbon saving technique that I like to use is to cut 2 pieces of ribbon; the first piece should be about 3-4 inches longer than the area where you want to put it and the second should be about 1 1/2 - 3 inches (these measurements of course depend on how big the place you are putting the ribbon is.  Next tie a loose knot into the center of the longer piece.  Slide the shorter piece into the loose knot and pull both ends of the longer piece straight out.  Then just adhere the  two endsto the back of the piece you areputting the ribbon on.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. Your friend will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete