- 1 pc of White cardstock cut at 8 x 3 1/2 and scored at 2 and 4 inches
- 2 pcs of Silver metalic cardstock cut at 4 & 3 1/2 and scrap 3 x 3/4"
- 2 pcs acetate cut at 3 x 2 1/2
- Scrap pink & purple shimmer paper
- Computer generated sentiment
- Popdots (a lot!)
- Clear star charm
The base is scored at 2 and 4 inches. The top of the base has a rectangle cut out of it (measuring in 1 inch on all sides) where the shaker part is attached to ensure that the base is not as visible through the star. The front of the easel is attached only to the 2 inch score line. The star charm is placed on the inside of the base.
Using George, I cut out a star from each of the metallic pieces of cardstock. A piece of acetate was taped to the back of each of these pieces. Popdots were put on one of these pieces to block in the star shape and also in each corner. I cut out 2011 from the pink and purple shimmer paper and placed inside the enclosed popdot area. The other piece of metallic paper was then adhered to the other side of the popdots (making sure the stars lined up perfectly).