Sunday, November 21, 2010

Veteran's Day "Hero" Wordbook

My church honored our veteran's on 11/14/10 and had me make Wordbooks for each of them. I made 10 of these books for the church (we handed out 4) and I made 6 for a company of Marines (http://www.anysoldier.com)/ I decided to "adopt" who are currently deployed in Afghanistan and I made 3 more for my Dad and my bestie Jonathan who were both Marines and for my friend Bobbie's son who will be retiring from the Army.

I absolutely love how these turned out and I hope that each person who received them will know how much their sacrifices are appreciated.

(The photos are from the one I made for Bobbie's son - the others did not have the Army insignia on them and the "Thanks" was under the H. This is also prior to binding them. My brother made 3 rings for each one to bind the left side so the pages easily flip.)






The pages of the book are made using the rectangle and letters from George. I cut each page from a medium weight poster board and covered the poster board front and back with black cardstock. I cut out two of each of the letters from glitter paper and pop dotted them to the front and back of each page. All of the other cuts are from Stand and Salute using Shimmer Paper. The sayings were all computer generated and printed on white cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment