Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 1 Collection of Cards

I am making a special collection of cards for my boyfriend.  He is going on two trips in May.  He will be in Orlando with some friends and then he is coming to see me.  :-)  So I am making him a collection of cards so he will have one for each day from the day before he leaves for Orlando until the day he comes to visit me.

This card is for Day 1.  It is a side step card and the sentiment is on a scrolled piece of white cardstock and then layered onto a cherry cobbler base.




Supplies:
  • 6 x 9 cherry cobbler plus a scrap
  • White cardstock
  • Computer generated sentiment (white cardstock)
  • Cherry Cobbler classic ink
  • Deminsionals
  • Cuttlebug (Love is in the air folders)
The base is made to fit into an A6 envelope (4.5 x 6).  It is cut at 6 x 9 and then measure in 1.5 inches and cut from 1 1/8 to 7.  Then score the wider side at 1 1/8", 2", 3 3/8", 5" & 7".  Score the 1 1/2" section at 4 1/2".  Fold alternating mountains & valleys (1 1/8 is a mountain, 2 is a valley, etc) and the 4 1/2" score is a mountain fold.

I cut a piece of white cardstock 1/8" smaller on all sides and then embossed it using the cuttlebug and Love is in the Air folder.  I adhered this to the front of the card.  I printed the sentiment from my computer and left an inch on either side to roll up to form the scroll.  I adhered the scroll to a piece of cherry cobbler cardstock and then adhered it to a white piece of cardstock and adhered this to the base of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment