Monday, April 11, 2011

Wedding Book

I wanted to share my latest undertaking.  This is going to be a huge momento of our engagement and wedding.  My fiance (it will be officially official in May - that means I will have a ring and it will be posted on Facebook) and I decided that we wanted to do a photo guestbook.  However, I thought that the guestbooks that you can buy that are designed to hold photos were rather plain and quite pricey.  So I originally was just going to make a guestbook.  But as I was looking for ideas on making a guestbook, I found this idea for a flip flop book (she calls it a Gate Fold, but to me Flip Flop is more fitting) Gate (faux)ld Paper Bag Mini Album by Follow the Paper Trail and thought it would be an interesting way to do the guestbook.  After a while however, I got the idea that it would be so awesome to just have a book for our courtship and wedding and the first year of marriage.  So my small project has exploded, but still having tons of fun with it.  This book will be bound on both sides.  I am waiting to bind it until I have more of the pages done.
















Supplies:
  • 5 pieces Medium weight 12 x 12 chipboard (you don't have to start with 12 x 12 for all of them, but that is what I had)
    • 1 sheet is 9 x 12 (back cover)
    • 2 sheets 9 x 11 1/2 (section covers)
    • 1 sheet is 9 x 8 1/4 (front left cover)
    • 1 sheet is 9 x 4 1/2 (front right cover)
  • 6 sheets 12 x 12 Elegant Eggplant cardstock
  • 8 sheets 8 1/2 x 11 Elegant Eggplant cardstock
  • 12 sheets 12 x 12 Whisper White cardstock
  • 9 sheets 8 1/2 x 11 Whsiper White cardstock (just for covers and sections, not counting inside pages)
  • Pearls (3 large & 3 medium)
  • Dimensionals
  • 3 feet ribbon
  • 2 pieces 1 1/4 white wire (for bind it all)
  • 3 rolls Sticky Strip
  • White Stayz-on ink
  • Elegant Eggplant classic stamp set
  • Vintage Vogue clear stamp set
  • Bind-it-All
  • EK Success Paper Shapers Corner Adorner Trumpet Flower Punch
  • Computer generated sentiments (Penshurst font)
  • Xyron Create-a-Sticker
  • Glitter
First you want to cover the back cover with the Elegant Eggplant cardstock.  Since the cardstock is the same width as the chipboard, I took the strip that I cut off the second sheet of cardstock and added it to one side so that the cardstock could be wrapped around.  I adhered the second sheet on the inside of the cover (this sheet is cut to 9 x 12).  Using my Bind-it-All (a present from my sweetheart), I punched 15 holes on each side.  

Note:  To get the holes to line up properly, you need to punch the holes on the left with the front toward you and for the holes on the right, punch them with the back toward you.

Cover all the remaining pieces of chipboard in a similar fashion.  For the front right cover, adhere the ribbon on the left (unpunched) edge before attaching the back cover.  Punch holes on the left side for the front left cover and one of the inner section covers.  Punch holes on the right side for the front right cover and the remaining inner section cover. 

Next cut the 12 x 12 sheets of whisper white down to 9 x 12 and adhere two sheets together for added thickness.  Do this with all of the sheets of whisper white.  Punch half for the right side and half for the left side.

I inked all of the pieces front and back along the edge with the decorative element from the Vintage Vogue stamp set.  I inked the Elegant Eggplant paper with white and the Whisper White paper with the Elegant Eggplant.

I cut a 5" heart on my cricut using Sweethearts and also the blackout.  I ran the blackout (upside down) through my large Xyron Create-a-Sticker and then pealed it off and put the cutout on top of this and then sprinkled glitter on the remaining adhesive.  Using Dimensionals I adhered this so the center of the heart is hanging over.  (I put the dimensionals about 3/4 of an inch from the center of the heart to allow for the ribbon to fit perfectly under the heart.)

I printed all of my sentiments and trimmed them down.  I cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock 1/2 an inch bigger and then punched two opposite corners with the Trumpet Flower corner adorner punch.  I cut a piece of whisper white 1" bigger and inked around the edges with Elegant Eggplant and then adhered the pieces together.  I did this with all of the "sentiments" that were going on the Elegant Eggplant cardstock.  For the "sentiments" going on the Whisper White cardstock, I skipped the second mat.  I then adhered each one to the Section covers.

Each of the pages that will go into the book will be "flip flopped".

No comments:

Post a Comment